Civil Draughtsperson / Technician
Powell Fenwick is an established, NZ owned and operated engineering consultancy firm that’s been around for over 80 years. We offer a complete range of Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Fire, Civil, Hydraulic and Acoustic engineering services with a major focus on environmentally sustainable design.
Powell Fenwick is involved in numerous projects across New Zealand, ranging from major high profile developments, including health, government, education and commercial through to residential buildings.
We are currently seeking an experienced CIVIL DRAUGHTSPERSON / TECHNICIAN to work in our Christchurch office.
The position will be tailored to the level of experience of the applicant.
We are interested in hearing from entry level draughting candidates through to experienced technicians.
This position will include:
- On the job training
- CAD and Revit documenting of civil services and interface with hydraulic services
- Keeping up to date with relevant design codes and standards
- Aiding in innovation and keeping abreast of market trends
- Liaising with engineers and other technicians
- Communicating with clients, other consultants and contractors
Key requirements for this position:
- Christchurch based
- Relevant experience, including NZ design experience
- Relevant qualifications or experience
- Good sense of humour
- Great communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good time management with the ability to work on multiple projects
- Team player
- NZ resident or hold a current work permit
- Full, clean New Zealand Drivers Licence
Benefits of working at Powell Fenwick:
- No two days are the same with a diverse and interesting workload
- Attractive remuneration package with paid overtime and bonuses
- On the job training
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Professional memberships
- Stable, locally owned company
- Wellbeing benefits
- Long service leave entitlements
- Paid parental and partner leave
- Friendly, supportive work environment
- Good size team with plenty of banter
- Work on a wide range of projects
- Active social club and funded social sports teams
- Modern offices in a central location.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and a member of The Diversity Agenda.
This is a challenging position offering wide experience in the Christchurch engineering sector and an opportunity for further career development.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com